Chords displaying out of sync with lyrics

• silvercn
  • silvercn's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #647 by silvercn
Hello . My very first post here. I must be just a few settings away from getting this right!! The chords are displaying way out to the edges of the screen. Plus they don't exactly line up where they should to the lyrics. I've included one screenshot as an example.
Thanks.
Charles
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #648 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Chords displaying out of sync with lyrics
ok, so you have two issues here really.

1) You have set up your lyric files and font size such that the lines are too long and hence, they wrap to the next line. This in itself is not a problem but makes it more difficult to read and line up chords. It also has an effect on the scrolling system because one line is then displayed as two and throws out the scrolling speed detection

2) It looks like you may have edited/created the file using a non-monospace font and then displayed the file using a monospaced font. This dramatically effects the character spacing and makes it near impossible to line everything up.

To fix number 2 I strongly suggest using a monospaced font in the editor that you created the file in (in windows courier new is a good example) and continue to use the monospace font in the lyric display in Lyric Pad
I also recommend setting the Lyric Pad editor to monospace. This can be done by opening the editor, long pressing the back button to access the menu and selecting the option for monospace font. (You will only have to set it once, it will then remember your preference).

Once both the editor and the display are using the same fonts then everything should line up perfect.

• silvercn
  • silvercn's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #649 by silvercn
Replied by silvercn on topic Chords displaying out of sync with lyrics
I really appreciate your help on this. I'll dig in to make those fixes and get back if I have trouble . Thanks. Charles

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds