Syncing Scrolling to Backing Track

More
5 years 7 months ago #577 by IanM
I've set up Lyric Pad so that the backing track is opened 'paused' but I notice that the intelligent auto scroll starts as soon as the lyric is opened. Is it possible to synchronise the lyric automation to the play button so that when I open up a lyric with an associated backing track, the lyric is displayed but the intelligent auto scroll is paused as well as the backing track until I hit the play button?

I've played around with the settings but cannot seem to get it work as described.

Use case:
Load a new lyric sheet
Quick look to check it's the right one, refresh memory on key and first lyrics.
Talk to audience a bit.
Hit play button to set it all going.

I have a sort of work around which involves me opening the lyric and the hitting the 'restart song' button immediately before I hit the backing track play button, but I often forget and end up with lyrics and backing out of sync!

Thanks in advance for any replies.
--Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #578 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Syncing Scrolling to Backing Track
Unfortunately you have found one of the core limitations of lyric pad 2. In lp2 everything is run from the lyric file and the mp3 is just a simple audio player.

Lyric pad 3 (beta soon) is different at its core so that you will be able to control everything together

More
5 years 7 months ago #579 by IanM
Replied by IanM on topic Syncing Scrolling to Backing Track
Many thanks for the clarification.
I'd be happy to help if you need beta testers, I'm a software developer by trade!

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds