Android Tablet Running Windows

• Roadtrip17
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #528 by Roadtrip17
Android Tablet Running Windows was created by Roadtrip17
Hey folks,

I'm a user of Lyric Pad for the past 3 years. A professional musician from Toronto, also working in Western New York. I play professionally in theaters (using scores) but also in a great party and club band for which we use the tablets with Lyric Pad. I posted on the Google Site that we consider this software to be a shining example of "elegant simplicity". It works, and very well at that. I love using the program on my android tablet.

Recently I was purchased the same type of Android Tablet but this one runs on windows 10. I have been searching to see if there's a plug-in or app that will allow me to run Lyric Pad on Windows 10. Can anyone help me with this? I searched here and couldn't find anything definitive. It says that the program won't run on PC, but runs on android. I have Windows 10 on the same type of android I have running my original lyric pad.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice? Winning lottery numbers? (just kidding).

Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #529 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Android Tablet Running Windows
Hi mate

Lyric Pad is an android app so will only run on the Android OS.
There is no iOS or windows version of the app.

However, Lyric Pad can be run within a free android emulator called bluestacks on windows.
Im not sure if this emulator will work on your device but it would be worth looking into.

• Roadtrip17
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #531 by Roadtrip17
Replied by Roadtrip17 on topic Android Tablet Running Windows
Thanks so much!!! I saw Bluestacks in the app folder so I'm going to try that today. I'll post any results, unless it turns me into some strange creature. LOL!!! Really appreciate the help.

More
5 years 9 months ago #551 by Grif
Replied by Grif on topic Android Tablet Running Windows
I have installed Bluestacks on two devices: A notebook 2-in-1 computer running Windows 10 and a tablet running Windows 10. I installed the full version of Lyric Pad on both. The 2 in 1 computer installation is successful and usable. The tablet has issues with displaying properly. I was not able to get the tablet to work.

The 2 in 1 is a Dell Inspiron 11 3168. Running Windows 10. I need to add more RAM to speed up Bluestacks. They want 4GB minimum. I have not learned Lyric Pad enough to tell you that ALL functionality is there, but the basics are. I was able to open the Silent Night lyrics which came with Lyric Pad and have it scroll. I have also now installed LyricSearch and have been able to find and save files on multiple songs to Lyric Pad with lyrics and chords. Those songs work equally as well.

There is other functionality on Lyric Pad that I have not learned and therefore have not tested in my Windows environment to see if it is all operational. The good news is the basic functions do work!!.

File copying from the PC to Bluestacks and from Bluestacks to the PC is also possible and I have done that. I will post info on that on the topic about files.

More
5 years 9 months ago #553 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Android Tablet Running Windows
Thanks for the feedback Grif.
Any information you can provide in this regard will certainly help other users.
I would expect however that if the app runs then all functions should be usable.

Id love to see some images of the display issues on the windows tablet. Not sure I will be able to help much but I might be able to make some suggestions

More
5 years 9 months ago #555 by Grif
Replied by Grif on topic Android Tablet Running Windows
Hi Dan, Thanks for the quick response!! That is good news that all the functions should be usable. Can't wait to learn them!

I have sent three images by email due to the size of the files..
The first is Bluestacks prior to launching Lyric Pad. You'll see there are no issue of display resolution at this point.
The second is the home screen for Lyric Pad. You'll see that Lyric Pad only utilizes about one third of the screen. The image is distorted and squeezed into the center area.
The third image is a lyric file opened in Lyric Pad. It also is distorted and only uses one third of the display area.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds