Lyric Pad files in Blue Stack

• dickb300
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago #523 by dickb300
Lyric Pad files in Blue Stack was created by dickb300
Lyric Pad files location when using Blue Stack on PC? Easy to find on Android but not through BlueStack? Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago - 5 years 9 months ago #524 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Lyric Pad files in Blue Stack
Sorry Dick
I have never used blue stacks sorry.
Try the facebook lyric pad user group as some other users may be able to help.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by admin.

More
5 years 9 months ago #554 by Grif
Replied by Grif on topic Lyric Pad files in Blue Stack
I just about threw in the towel on this one, but managed to stumble into how to do this. Bottom line is Bluestacks has 64 GB of storage within it's app. It has a typical file structure, its just not intuitive on how to get there.
Open Bluestacks. Go to the Home tab. if you are in the app and can't seem to find Home, click(or tap) on the icon in the lower left that looks like a house just to the right of the large "back" arrow.
From the Home tab click on the left most icon "System App". Then "Settings". Scroll down to "Explore" and click on it. Now you'll see several choices. One of which is "LyricPad". Open it and....eureka!!... you'll find three folders (Backing, Lyrics, Setlists). Open Lyrics and you'll see the three lyrics which came with the download (Silent Night, Twinkle....etc)

To transfer files click on the home icon again. From the Home tab click on the left most icon "System App". This time select "Media Manager". Down the left side at the bottom you'll see "Import from Windows" and "Export to Windows". That's as far as I have gotten, but it seems intuitive from here.

Let me know how it goes and what tips you come up with.

More
5 years 9 months ago #559 by Grif
Replied by Grif on topic Lyric Pad files in Blue Stack
7/28/18 Update. Having made many attempts to import a txt file from my PC (where I create my song files) to the 2-in-1 notebook/tablet (Windows 10) using Bluestacks and Lyric Pad, I was finally successful.
Here are the steps:
1. I have a folder on my PC with a lot of Microsoft Word files of songs I have with chords, etc. I used these to print out and have paper copies the old fashion way.. I did not want to redo all from scratch..
2. From your PC that has your files: Open each one of them in Word and then save a copy of each as a Plain Text .txt file with the same name (minus the .docx extension).
3. Copy these onto a USB flash drive. Remove the drive.
4. Plug the USB into the tablet or 2-in-1 notebook/tablet that is running Windows. I am assuming you have installed Bluestacks and using Bluestacks have installed the full version of Lyric Pad.
5. Open Bluestacks, then Lyric Pad.
6. From Lyric Pad select Manage Lyrics. then select Create New Lyric, enter the name of a song you have a txt file on the USB. Click OK to save it.
7. This takes you back to the Manage Lyrics screen. Now click on Edit Lyric.
8. Double click on the song name you just entered. Now you have a rectangular white, with red border,window with the cursor blinking.
9. On tablet or 2-in-1 open the USB drive and fine and open the song txt file.
10. IMPORTANT (not sure why). From the Edit menu, click on Select All, then Edit again, and then Copy. All the words/chords are now on your computer clipboard. You are not copying/installing your txt file, you are copying the words/chords.
11. Go back to the Lyric Pad and left click in the rectangular window where the blinking cursor is/was. Then press "ctrl-V". All your song lyrics/chords are now pasted into the new song file in Lyric Pad.
12. Bottom right is the store icon. Click on that to save your song.

You are done!!

After a couple of times I was able to take existing songs in Word and get them into my Lyric Pad song list in less than a minute per song. Good luck!!

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds